Thursday, April 17, 2008
Finding Mishka
Those of you who follow the every move of Matthew McConaughey may know that he spent some time in Nevis last year getting to know a reggae recording artist named Mishka, who lives here on the island part time. They developed a friendship and are collaborating on a future album together. Anyway, I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a Matthew sighting, just in case, but ended up stumbling right into Mishka's home! We met his parents, wife and children, and spent some time drinking lemonade and letting Ava play with his kids, who are also homeschooled. It was funny, because I had no idea at the time whose house we were at, even though his mom said her son was a singer and songwriter and artist. It wasn't until I saw him and got his name when I shook his hand that the coin dropped. I thought it was pretty funny. Anyway, I've been playing his music at home for Ava, compliments of www.mishka.com/music ...peace out, doods!
