Well, let's see. I have finished several books but threw in the towel on the military history of Anguilla. I'll do a quick session on Wikipedia before the book club meeting, and FAKE IT!! I'll wear my tee-shirt that says, "I'm here for the booze." That way nobody will expect too much in the way of literary criticism.
I turned 43 on Tuesday! I think I'll celebrate with a facial at the Four Seasons next time I have the chance. Try to undo some of the damage from all the sun, salt and sand. Bob's teaching break starts next week, so that should be a good time to get out of the house.
We'll be moving into the Animal House in 10 days --mostly it's known as Seapasture--and Ava and I are excited about the pig. We've made friends with it (not sure if it's a boy or girl) by bringing it treats every day. He's sooo cute! And it will eat anything and LOVE it, even raw onions. Ava and I have had fun putting together barfy bags of scraps and leftovers and wondering if there's anything the pig might reject. So far, no. It's so satisfying. Like cooking a wonderful meal for an adoring husband who appreciates your culinary skills, except without all the cooking. Toss some crap in a bag and bingo! New best friend. Watch out, Bob! Speaking of cooking lessons, the maid that comes with Seapasture is an excellent cook and is going to teach me how to make vegetarian roti! I Am So Excited About That. (And about having a maid, too)
My seeds have sprouted--a couple weeks and I'll start the process of transplanting the seedlings to larger pots and slowly killing them. Very exciting.
I'm posting a picture of Ava rinsing off yesterday at Herbert's Beach, clutching her treasures to her chest. They're rocks--is anybody surprised?
Hope you are surviving the HEAT WAVE and are thankful for every moment of Air Condititioning that graces your lives.
See y'all soon,
Rachel
